ABOUT MAGNOLIA STUDIOS
If you are looking for awesome wedding photos, ones where you can feel the excitement of the day as you flip through them then I’m your girl! I’m Michelle, a wedding and lifestyle photographer from Toronto, Ontario, and the one behind Magnolia Studios.
I blend stylish portraits with authentic photojournalism to capture your wedding day vibe in a natural yet beautiful way. Fresh, colourful and creative photography, for modern couples who are planning a stylish and fun wedding; perfect for bohemian, vintage, indie, creative and unique wedding styles. I fully appreciate great style, awesome design, and the fine details that so much effort and personality has been put into… even more importantly than that I am a lover of raw emotion and am obsessed with capturing really awesome moments.
At your wedding I focus on you and the amazingness of your day, the special, sweet and funny moments that you will want to remember forever. It is amazing how much love you can see on a wedding day, and I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I love and to be around that every weekend.
I offer wedding photography coverage in the Toronto area, as well as Mississauga, Oakville, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Muskoka, Canada Wide and across Europe.
MORE ABOUT MICHELLE
1. I have been a photographer for over 7 years, shooting fashion, beauty, portraits and wedding photography. I went to University for Finance, but after graduation and working in the field for two years, my creative side led me down a different path than I had originally planned…and I am so thankful that it did!
2. My favourite part of my job is sending out client galleries and receiving their emails and messages after viewing their photos. I am so honoured to do what I do, and am so happy to bring a little joy to my clients, their families, their children and even future generations through photography. Read some of the praise and reviews I’ve received from clients here.
3. When I shoot I take a creative approach to photography rather than a pre-planned, controlled approach. I intuitively interpret the moment and allow opportunities to unfold. I love a free flow of creativity rather than a long list and a jam packed timeline.
4. Sunset is my favourite time of day. Even when I am not shooting, I love watching the sun go down; there’s a kind of magic in that time of day. Beautiful lighting accentuates the passing moment, it turns the ordinary into the extraordinary, italicizing the mood of the moment and I love capturing a piece of that.
5. I am a style lover who is obsessed with colour, design, texture, patterns, and the infinite ways we can use them to create something new. I love thrift shopping, antiquing, sea shelling – hunting for a good find, and searching for treasure in many different places.
6. I love discussing and reading about big ideas, business and entrepreneurship, and of course metaphysics and the universe.
7. My biggest dreams in life involve photography, travel, a community of good-hearted people and a tropical island.
8. I am obsessed with all things tropical, and have been since I can remember. I’ve decorated my place to look like a little villa complete with all white walls, palm trees, a seashell curtain, and acacia wood accents. I have made it my little oasis.
Thank you for taking the time to read a little bit about me and I hope to learn more about you!