ABOUT MAGNOLIA STUDIOS
If you are looking for awesome wedding photos, ones where you can feel the excitement of the day as you flip through them then I’m your girl! I’m Michelle, a wedding and lifestyle photographer from Toronto, Ontario, and the one behind Magnolia Studios.
I blend stylish and creative portraits with candid photojournalism to capture your wedding day in a creative and beautiful way. I have a vibrant, bright and creative style to my photography that I think feels very ‘happy,’ and suits the vibe on a wedding day very well. This is great for couples who are planning a stylish and fun wedding; perfect for bohemian, vintage, indie, rustic and other unique wedding styles. I fully appreciate great style, awesome design, and the fine details that so much effort and personality has been put into. I love capturing all the joyful emotions that wedding days bring, so much so that I often have people echo back to me that my photos feel very ‘happy!”
I tend to attract clients who love life and appreciate a creative spin on things. Who dig the aesthetic curation of their day almost as much as the nostalgic, emotional side of things.
I offer wedding photography coverage in the Toronto area, as well as Mississauga, Oakville, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Muskoka, Canada Wide and across Europe.
MORE ABOUT MICHELLE
1. I have been a photographer for over 9 years! I started out shooting fashion, beauty, and music photography in my studio downtown Toronto, which I’m sure you can see a bit of that influence in my photography! All the while I was also shooting weddings, half of them freelance for myself and half for some of the biggest wedding photography studios in the city. I went to University for Finance, but after graduation and working in the field for two years, my creative side led me down a different path than I had originally planned…and I am so thankful that it did! I officially started Magnolia Studios 4 years ago and haven’t looked back since.
2. My favourite part of my job is sending out client galleries and receiving their emails and messages after viewing their photos. I am so honoured to do what I do, and am so happy to bring a little joy to my clients, their families, their children and even future generations through photography. There is something really special about capturing a moment in time that you know is incredibly important and valuable to the people involved. Read some of the praise and reviews I’ve received from clients here.
3. When I shoot I take a creative approach to photography rather than a pre-planned, controlled approach. I intuitively interpret the moment and allow opportunities to unfold. By taking this approach, I am able to adjust when unexpected things pop up without skipping a beat to ensure that the day continues to run smoothly so that you can enjoy it. I love a free flow of creativity where we create cool photos together, rather than a long list, a jam packed timeline, and pinterest boardss
4. I am a style lover who is obsessed with colour, design, texture, patterns, and the infinite ways we can use them to create something new. I love thrift shopping, antiquing, sea shelling – hunting for a good find, and searching for treasure in many different places.
5. I love discussing and reading about big ideas, business and entrepreneurship, and of course metaphysics and the universe.
Thank you for taking the time to read a little bit about me and I hope to learn more about you!